Windows RT app development RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have some experience with Android development. I want to build an app that will be put on the upcoming windows 8 tablets. The purpose of the app is a employee ID center where the employee scans their work badge and the information of the time/employee gets updated onto a server (sql server 2008 or maybe 2012).

I have a few questions tho.

It states windows RT apps are only availible from the windows store... Does that mean I cannot develop my own and upload it onto a windowsRT device? I've read where windows RT is a windows runtime program and not win32.

Is Visual Studios 2012 the only version that will support application development for windows 8? My employer prefers me to wait for a windows 8 device (doesnt want a windows CE hardware) but i want to get started on the actual program. Do they offer virtual device like on the android for a windows 8 product?

I have some experience with VS2008. Any help with windows 8 app development would be great (has DB connection changed at all to a windows 8,etc)

• Changed type kokoroastrum Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:05 PM wrong place
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 3:50 PM

All replies