Any info on the developer preview?

Question

• Hi,

Is there anywhere we can go to stay updated about this preview? Also i lost word which i had paid for by installing which im annoyed about :(. Seeing this is my first day i will have to keep on getting use to windows 8 preview. Do we receive all new update when available and seeing that we paid for windows 7 and cant go back do we get the final version of windows 8 or an improved version of the developer one?

Thanks,

Darren

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:15 PM

Answers

• yes, we will receive updates on windows 8 for a little while.  Also, you shouldn't have wiped out your other windows version for this one, you should have ran it in dual boot.  You can go back to windows 7, but, no, you don't get windows 8 for free, even if you bought windows 7.  The final version, as always, will probably cost a little more then 100$ for the home premium version.  when windows 8 comes out, your developer preview verson will stop working and you will have to upgrade to the final release.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:46 PM
  • Mate, this is just a development preview. It's not intended to be a fully functioning productivity OS. There was a disclaimer when you downloaded/installed that you will be required to use your original media to revert back to your previous OS unless you dual boot. 

This is designed for developers to be able to view the system and begin developing applications for the environment. That's all.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:55 PM

All replies

• yes, we will receive updates on windows 8 for a little while.  Also, you shouldn't have wiped out your other windows version for this one, you should have ran it in dual boot.  You can go back to windows 7, but, no, you don't get windows 8 for free, even if you bought windows 7.  The final version, as always, will probably cost a little more then 100$ for the home premium version.  when windows 8 comes out, your developer preview verson will stop working and you will have to upgrade to the final release.
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:46 PM
  • Ok, thanks for the info, at the end will it give you an option to go back to windows 7? and also can we delete windows.old files , as i know these are to do with windows 7?
    Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:07 PM
  • Mate, this is just a development preview. It's not intended to be a fully functioning productivity OS. There was a disclaimer when you downloaded/installed that you will be required to use your original media to revert back to your previous OS unless you dual boot. 

This is designed for developers to be able to view the system and begin developing applications for the environment. That's all.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 10:55 PM