The server encountered an internal error. Please retry the request. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a VM with Windows 2012 Server. It has an automation script to start the VM every day at 7 o'clock and end at 23:30.

Point is that until yesterday it worked well but this morning didn't started. I've been trying manually but until now it have been impossible to start the VM.

After a while I have the following error message: "The server encountered an internal error. Please retry the request."

I don't know what else I could do to not lost the productive data in the server and start it without problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Sergio

Monday, January 19, 2015 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Sowmya,

after few restarts, the server is up again and working fine.

I hope this doesn't happen too often, as I had the server stopped for over 6 hours.

Best regards,

Sergio

• Marked as answer by Susie Long Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:00 AM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 5:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In some cases as availability of free blades or free space within a blade in a cluster fluctuates, the constraints to find an allocation for the service may not be met. When these constraints are not satisfied, we return back an allocation failure error message.

To avoid this error create multiple affinity groups to house services that are not required to be placed together, spin up smaller numbers of VM’s at a time, ensure retry logic is in place when an operation is unsuccessful and also utilize multiple datacenters for your deployments. 

Try Multiple Restarts for the VM, however if the VM still does not start, please try the below steps

• Resize the Virtual Machine from the Portal but ensure to Back up the Data in the Temporary Drive ( D:\) since the data will be lost while Resizing.
    • If the issue is still not fixed, please recreate the VM by retaining the attached Disk’s and attaching the same to the new VM

Hope this helps !

Regards,

Sowmya

Monday, January 19, 2015 1:07 PM
  • Hi Sowmya,

after few restarts, the server is up again and working fine.

I hope this doesn't happen too often, as I had the server stopped for over 6 hours.

Best regards,

Sergio

• Marked as answer by Susie Long Wednesday, January 28, 2015 6:00 AM
    Monday, January 19, 2015 5:24 PM