What permissions are needed for a Storage Account to show up under the capture in Event HUbs? RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect a storage account to my event hub, but when I go into the Select Container I only see the Storage account in my Subscription.  What do I need to do to see other storage accounts?  I search the docs and online and could not find anything on this.  When I tested with Data Lake Store it gives me the ability to look in other subscriptions.  

Thanks,

Brian

Friday, February 7, 2020 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Bcoxoh, have you by any chance attempted the setup mentioned in the following documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/event-hubs/event-hubs-capture-overview 
    Friday, February 7, 2020 6:27 PM
  • Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, February 10, 2020 6:13 PM
  • Yes.  I have a capture working fine use the datalake gen 1, but when trying to setup a different Event hub using Storage account and data lake gen 2 I am not even able to see the account in the list.  What I am trying to understand is what permissions are need for the storage account to show up as an option for me to use.

The documents do not mention the permissions needed.

Tuesday, February 11, 2020 8:32 PM
  • Hello,

Apologize for the delay in response.

When you say “I am not even able to see the account in the list”, which mean you are unable to see “Azure Data Lake Store gen2” option or you are “unable to see the storage account after selecting container button”?

Note: There are no permissions are required for the storage account to show up as an option while using Azure Event Hubs Capture.

To capture data to Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2:

1.    Select On for Capture.
    2.    Select Azure Storage as the capture provider. To use a Gen 2 of Azure Data Lake Storage, you select Azure Storage.
    3.     Select the Select Container button.

For more details, refer “Capture data to Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2”.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 9:32 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Monday, March 2, 2020 9:09 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Thursday, March 5, 2020 10:57 AM
  • @bcoxoh Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Monday, March 16, 2020 4:11 AM