none
Difference in Creating a ContactItem via the GUI or programmatically. Hotmail Connector only syncs manually created contacts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I use the HotMail Connector to sync Outlook with my Outlook.com Account. This works great for Appointments either created by hand or from my Addin.

But with Contacts only Contacts created by the GUI get synced. If I create the contact like this:

Outlook.Folder contactFolder = ConfigManager.Instance.FolderContactItems;
                        linkedContact = (Outlook.ContactItem)contactFolder.Items.Add("IPM.Contact.EasyGigTracker.Contact");
                        linkedContact.Save();

The Contact get's created, but is not synced with Outlook.com.

I have read there is a general problem with syncing Contacts and the Outlook Connector when a Contact is locally only updated, but newly created contacts should allways get synced.

Any idea?

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:15 PM

Answers

• Dmitri gave me the right hint!

It seems that Hotmail /Outlook Connector only syncs contacts with the MessageClass IPM.Contact. Before I used a custom message class IMP.Contact.EasyGigtracker.Contact. Since I changed it to IPM.Contact it syncs now everything. It now also syncs updates on contacts although I'm not sure how relaiable this is.

Thanks for your support!

Tom

• Marked as answer by EasyGigTracker Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:17 PM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:17 PM

All replies

• Does it sync if you manually modify the contact through the Outlook UI?

Doe it work if you actually set the contact name and an email address?

Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
    http://www.dimastr.com/redemption
    Redemption - what the Outlook
    Object Model should have been
    Version 5.5 is now available!

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:46 PM
  • If I modify a manually created contact (UI) with the UI the change does not get synced.

If I modify a programatically created contact  with the UI the contact and the change does not get synced.

I tried creating the contact programatically with Name (does it make difference if only the first name is set) and Email-Adress, and it does not get synced.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:54 PM
  • Dmitri gave me the right hint!

It seems that Hotmail /Outlook Connector only syncs contacts with the MessageClass IPM.Contact. Before I used a custom message class IMP.Contact.EasyGigtracker.Contact. Since I changed it to IPM.Contact it syncs now everything. It now also syncs updates on contacts although I'm not sure how relaiable this is.

Thanks for your support!

Tom

• Marked as answer by EasyGigTracker Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:17 PM
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 3:17 PM