none
Access Reports thinks <body> is a parameter RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have a personal Access database. I created a simple report based on the article "Extending Access Reports with Word and HTML" at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa191485%28v=office.11%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396 

    What I did was to place the HTML code in labels. I placed the <HTML>, <body>, <title></title> and <head></head> in the Report Header. For some reason when I run the report, it asks for data for <body> as if it was a parameter. How can I turn this off? This only happens with the <body> tag. I'm using Access 2016.

    Thursday, October 5, 2017 6:42 AM

All replies

  • I am unable to reproduce the behavior you are describing.

    We'd need a step by step guide to reproduce your setup, or a demo version of your database to review.


    Daniel Pineault, 2010-2017 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

    Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:00 PM
  • I found the problem.  I had the </body> in the Report Footer, but I encased it in a textbox. When I place it in a label , like I did in the Report Header for <body>, the problem went away.

    Thanks for trying.

    Friday, October 6, 2017 6:23 AM
  • Hi EC Holm,

    I'm glad to hear that your original issue has been resolved and thanks for sharing your solution. I would suggest you mark your solution to close this thread. If you have any other issue, please feel free to post thread to let us know.

    Thanks for understanding.

    Best Regards,

    Terry


    MSDN Community Support Please remember to click &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click &quot;Unmark as Answer&quot; if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Friday, October 6, 2017 7:56 AM