So close ;)

Question

• My app passes all but two tests on the certification tests...I get this error "
    • This package was deployed for development or authoring mode. Uninstall the package and re-install it normally.

Seems so simple doesn't it?  I have uninstalled-re-installed completely uninstalled Windows Visual Studio as one suggested, all failed.  This was a clean build using the navigator template.  Any advice is appreciated 

Thank you ;)

Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:32 AM

Answers

• Uninstalling and installing Visual Studio does not help in this situation as this is not Visual Studio error. This error means you have a Windows Store app written in JavaScript that you (or some user on your machine) deployed locally through Visual Studio instead of as a package. See this blog post to deal with this.

Windows Store apps get installed on user machine in Single Instance Store where all of them are identified by Package Name. Applications are installed once on your machine and registered per user, uninstall removes from current user profile. In case of multiuser machine App only gets removed from Single Instance Store if all user (who installed it) uninstall it. As you or some other user on same machine may have installed app on that machine via Visual Studio for debugging you will see this error.

Go to your start screen and uninstall app. And create app package as described in post.

If still problem is not resolved then change Package Name in package app manifest file. You can change it to some new GUID before you create App Package

-- Vishal Kaushik --

Please 'Mark as Answer' if my post answers your question and 'Vote as Helpful' if it helps you.

Happy Coding!!!

Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:22 PM