WES7 IBW trial download RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm just going to get the 64bit version of the WES7 SP1 IBW. I already found it on the MS homepage (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/downloads/download-windows-embedded-standard-7.aspx), but it seems to be a "trial version" - telling that the images will run for 180 days when having a product key.

I already have a valid licencse (as well as product keys for both ICE and IBW) for WES7 that allows me to create fully-licensed images. Can I use this keys to create non-restricted images when installing the trial version? If not, where can I get a "full version" of the 64 bit IBW?

Thanks in before,
    Willi K.

Friday, July 20, 2012 8:16 AM

Answers

• Eval is identical to retail. you can install the (with sp1 updated) eval resources and enter your key(s).

the 180 days is the nagscreen from ice. - runtime will run for 30 days // or you have some special key like from MSDNAA than it's 180 days or 1 year (no clear about this by now).

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany (Preparing a blog about Windows Embedded Standard)

• Edited by KNARZ Friday, July 20, 2012 6:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Willi K Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:53 AM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 6:39 PM

All replies

• The trial only builds time limited images. If you have purchased the kit, there are 3 DVDS . Two of the DVD are IBW disks, 32 and 64. If you have the kit already why are you doing anything with the trial.

If you lost the DVD, you cna build the full IBW disk from ICE. Tools->Create Media-> Create IBW Image with Full Distirbution share

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Friday, July 20, 2012 3:02 PM
  • Eval is identical to retail. you can install the (with sp1 updated) eval resources and enter your key(s).

the 180 days is the nagscreen from ice. - runtime will run for 30 days // or you have some special key like from MSDNAA than it's 180 days or 1 year (no clear about this by now).

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany (Preparing a blog about Windows Embedded Standard)

• Edited by KNARZ Friday, July 20, 2012 6:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Willi K Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:53 AM
    Friday, July 20, 2012 6:39 PM
  • Hello,

I have a package with this 3 DVDs, but it is not SP1 (WES7 has gone out of focus for a while). This is why I try to get new SP1 discs (without waiting, of course).

However. I downloaded the trial and installed it using my (licensed) product keys. It seems that this will install a fully licensed version of WES7 - no "Evaluation copy" on desktop, and system control panel tells that Windows is activated.

Regardless of this, much thanks to all.
    Willi K.

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:52 AM