LightSwitch Working together RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to LightSwitch and want to work together with a team inside a LightSwitch project.

However what do I need in order to work together into a project. At this moment only one person works with, but this is not a complete solution for us. I need a way to work together as a team. I have heard of TFS, but what do I need to install to get this fixed. Is there any manual or tutorial?

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Umit

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Umit

Here is a nice post demonstrated by Paul. You can follow this

Branching a Project in TFS

HTH

Regards

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

• Marked as answer by gala.umiy Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:35 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:18 PM
  • If you are quick you can get Team Foundation server for free from Team Foundation Service. You and your team will need a Windows Live account in order to access it which, if you have a hotmail account is all ok.

There is quite a good walkthrough here Walkthrough: Creating a New Team Project with most of the facts you need to know here Team Foundation Walkthroughs

The best thing I could recommend is to sign up for the free one and just trial it. The more you use it the easier it will get.

HTH

If you found this post helpful, please mark it as helpful. If by some chance I answered the question, please mark the question as answered. That way you will help more people like me :)

• Edited by Yann DuranModerator Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:17 PM Fixed link text
    • Proposed as answer by Yann DuranModerator Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:32 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:15 PM

All replies

• use Team Foundation Server < 5 developers that free for Ls2012

Eric

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:49 PM
  • If you are quick you can get Team Foundation server for free from Team Foundation Service. You and your team will need a Windows Live account in order to access it which, if you have a hotmail account is all ok.

There is quite a good walkthrough here Walkthrough: Creating a New Team Project with most of the facts you need to know here Team Foundation Walkthroughs

The best thing I could recommend is to sign up for the free one and just trial it. The more you use it the easier it will get.

HTH

If you found this post helpful, please mark it as helpful. If by some chance I answered the question, please mark the question as answered. That way you will help more people like me :)

• Edited by Yann DuranModerator Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:17 PM Fixed link text
    • Proposed as answer by Yann DuranModerator Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:32 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:15 PM
  • Hi Umit

Here is a nice post demonstrated by Paul. You can follow this

Branching a Project in TFS

HTH

Regards

Rashmi Ranjan Panigrahi
    www.lightswitchspecial.com

If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.
    This will help other users to find their answer quickly.

• Marked as answer by gala.umiy Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:35 AM
    Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:18 PM
  • Hi Otis,

Could you pease use the Insert Hyperlink button when you're putting links into a reply?

Thanks.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:18 PM
  • Sorry, my bad.

Thanks for fixing anyhow.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 12:25 PM
  • No problem, it just makes it easier for people, that's all.

Yann - LightSwitch Central - Click here for FREE Themes, Controls, Types and Commands

Please click "Mark as Answer" if a reply answers your question. Please click "Vote as Helpful" , if you find a reply helpful.

By doing this you'll help others to find answers faster.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 1:42 PM
  • Hi Umit

I will mark Ot1s's reply as answer, if the marked answer is not helpful to solve your problem, please unmark and give quick response.

Kind regards

Angie xu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by gala.umiy Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:34 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by gala.umiy Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:35 AM
    Thursday, December 20, 2012 12:32 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for the solutions. I am currently helping a University for students with some help of teachers and a system engineer. LightSwitch is being used as a 4GL development software for school projects.

I have now currently installed Windows Server 2008 R2, SQL Server 2008 R2 and Team Foundation Server 2010 on a server at the University. After some configurations I have got working!

The Clients are configured with VS 2010 or VS 2012 with Team Explorer + LightSwitch 2011

It works well with 2 developers/clients at this moment. I am going to test this Friday for 5+ LightSwitch Clients with TFS to see it works well for more developers at the same time.

Thank you guys! It all (links and tutorials) helped me out. Sorry for the late answer.
    I am currently also testing the 0t1's link, however the University does have the required licenses for all services/servers.

Thanks again and wish you all a very happy new year!

• Edited by gala.umiy Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:34 AM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 12:32 AM