Create Stream Analytics job with UDAs using an Azure Resource Manager template RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Stream Analytics job which uses a number of javascript UDFs and UDAs. I would like to be able to deploy this using an Azure Resource Manager template.

The documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/streamanalytics/stream-analytics-function seems rather outdated and only describes Scalar functions, which I assume means UDFs. Are there any documentation or examples showing how to create UDAs for a Stream Analytics job using a Resource Manager template?

A similar problem exists for "Azure Stream Analytics tools for Visual Studio" which only seems to deal with UDFs, as well, and not UDAs.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 12:56 PM

All replies

• Thank you for your question and sorry for the inconvenience, we are still finalizing those items for general availability of UDA feature. We will be updating the documentation and Visual Studio support soon.

You can use the same API as UDFs, but instead of using "Scalar" as type, you should use "Aggregate", everything else for "properties" are still valid and should be provided when creating the UDA. The binding type should still be "Microsoft.StreamAnalytics/JavascriptUdf".

Monday, December 4, 2017 7:00 PM