none
Forwarding address in Outlook 2010. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user on Outlook 2010. The default mailbox is a POP account wes@directprinting.co. There is an Exchange account in the profile as well for user@go-dps.com. All messages are checked when they arrive by rule and messages sent to the account user@go-dps.com are moved to user@directprinting.co. This is the desired rule set. We opted to do a move by rule not a forward by rule for various different reasons. The problem is that when using the inbox of user@directprinting.co and doing a forward occasionally the from address will be user@go-dps.com. If the email resides in the inbox of user@directprinting.co I would like the from address on a forward to always be user@directprinting.co. Is there some example of VBA I might implement to accomplish this? Is there an easier way to accomplish this? Can this be done by rule?

Thanks!

Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:13 AM

Answers

• It sounds like the sending account for messages that are forwarded change unexpectedly occasionally, and this sending account is either the default Exchange account or the POP account.  If that is true, I can't explain why that is happening.

In VBA, you can change the sending account by setting the MailItem.SendUsingAccount property.  However, to use code you'd either have to use a script with the rule, or code the entire rule process manually.  See here for some options:

How to process incoming messages in Microsoft Outlook:
    http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=62

Eric Legault
    MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    • Marked as answer by S.e.p.y Thursday, January 19, 2012 6:41 PM
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:08 PM