3d skew? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to figure out the proper method for skewing objects in 3d.  I am basically trying to recreat the "Cover Flow View" found in iTunes.  I have a listbox filled with ListItems that consist of a stack panel containing an image and a border (which is a reflection of the image).  I have that part working fine.  Now I want to skew the stack panel (or do I just need to skew the image?) in 3d to resemble how the images are turned in the iTunes "Cover Flow View".

My next step will then be to animate the centering and resizing of the selected image... if anyone could point me in the correct direction for that as well.

For the record, I am doing all my WPF work in VB.NET (not XAML).  If anyone has any ideas in either language it would be appreciated.  I can translate from XAML to VB.NET.

Monday, July 23, 2007 3:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Todd,

For your scenario, such a perspective in 2D would represent a Non-Affine transformation, which WPF does not support. However, if you treat your content as 3D Models (Planes containing image brushes, and mirrored planes using a ScaleTransform3D, with reduced brush opacity for the reflected instances), use a perspective Camera, and 3D interactivity with WPF 3D tools, a scene as you describe would be straightforward to implement and describe in 3D space.

I would strongly recommend getting acquainted with the WPF 3D API for this scenario.

Peter

Monday, July 23, 2007 9:41 PM