none
Issues with microsoft.reportviewer.webforms assembly versions RRS feed

• Question

• I am building a small web form to display a remote SRSS report, I had this working a little while ago, but after having some issues with versions, I seem to have lost the ability to make this work.

When I started this I had version 11.0.0.0 in my project, everything seemed to work fine.  But when I went to deploy it, it appeared that our server has a previous version, I believe 9.0.0.0.  So I investigated and while my currently linked in version was 11.0.0.0, when I looked in my reference manager I saw only the 9.0.0.0 version

So I rereferenced the assembly and that is when all the trouble started. From what I can see, in my toolbox, the tooltip for hovering over report viewer reveals that it is version 11.0.0.0, but where did this come from?  And how can I rectify this issue?  When I go to "choose items" in the toolbox searching for report, just brings up version 9.0.0.0.  Selecting it now shows two report viewers.

I just wish to understand why I cant seem to reference version 11 anymore in the reference manager, and why the newer version still seems to be in my toolbox.

thanks!

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Your issue is out of support range of VS General Question forum which mainly discusses WPF & SL designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System and Visual Studio Editor.

Since you are working with report viewer, I will move this thread to Visual Studio Report Controls forum for better response.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 7:40 AM