AppealEditorialRejectionsRequest JustificationText - what should be used RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing a system that creates campaigns, ad groups, keywords and ads via the Bing Ads API. As of v8 we can now appeal editorial rejections. Looking at the class AppealEditorialRejectionsRequest it is necessary to provide some justification as to the appeal. I just want to appeal against the rejection of any keyword or ad where it is possible to appeal. As such, I won't really be able to tailor much or a justification for each case.

So, my question is - does the contents of the justification text really matter? Could I just provide some relatively dummy text in all cases e.g. 'Appealing against rejeceted keyword/ad"?

Any info is much appreciated!

Chris

Monday, March 11, 2013 9:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Chris.

The short answer is yes you should please use meaningful justification text. Please provide some information about why use of the rejected term is legitimate for the advertiser's line of business.

For context, inline editorial appeals are available via the Bing Ads web application, Bing Ads Editor, and API. The justification text is required for each entry point.

I hope this helps.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:18 PM

All replies

• I guess I could also provide some of the info from the EditorialReason objects that are returned when requesting keywords or ads that failed the editorial review.

However, my question still remain - how important is the actual text that we provide for the appeal justification?

Monday, March 11, 2013 12:23 PM
  • Hi Chris.

The short answer is yes you should please use meaningful justification text. Please provide some information about why use of the rejected term is legitimate for the advertiser's line of business.

For context, inline editorial appeals are available via the Bing Ads web application, Bing Ads Editor, and API. The justification text is required for each entry point.

I hope this helps.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:18 PM