none
Edit Table Properties with Excel Connection Failure RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate.

I have an existing excel connection (to a saved excel document Raw) that I am able to refresh and work with. The problem I have is that I want to add new columns into the model from the Excel sheet.  I am trying to do this by going to the Table Properties > Options and then trying to adjust which columns are being imported when I get the following error message 

"The following system error occurred:  A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated. 
    A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of '38f6373d-b7eb-4d69-a836-aa2ef2a11a88', Name of 'Excel Raw'.
    An error occurred while processing the partition 'Raw_af12238f-fd30-4d18-9b9d-ae5c4f1c3882' in table 'Raw_af12238f-fd30-4d18-9b9d-ae5c4f1c3882'.
    The current operation was cancelled because another operation in the transaction failed."

Please let me know if there is a way to add new columns to an existing excel connection.

Thanks,

Lisa

Friday, February 1, 2013 5:50 PM

All replies

• Hi Esme,

Sorry for the delay. I tried the scenario, but could not follow your instruction. I have a few questions want to clarify:

1. Do you mean a VSTO Excel Workbook project?
    2. "I am trying to do this by going to the Table Properties > Options and then trying to adjust which columns are being imported when I get the following error message " can you share with me a screenshot, which indicates the table properties and options?

The error looks like to be with database connection authentication. We shall make sure the authenticate is valid(Windows Authenticate, or SQL Server user name and password)

thanks.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to manager

Sunday, February 24, 2013 4:41 AM