Best way to enlarge mediaplayer

Question

• I have an application with mediaplayer inside.

But I have no idea, how to erlage mediaplayer in accordance with Metro design guidelines.

The one thought is to use "Semantic Zoom", but it is not intended for such a situation.

Just to hide else controls and show them later again? Not the best way.

Can someone recommend what?

Friday, May 25, 2012 12:56 PM

Answers

• You will have to do what is appropriate for your app. If you are playing full screen video then there is no room for other controls other than on top of the video. This means you either need to hide them, show them on top of the video, or move or resize the video out of the way when the controls are needed. Which is most appropriate will depend on the app.

--Rob

Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:52 PM

All replies

• Take a look at how the Video application does this.

It has an expand/contract  button which causes the video to animate its size between full screen and smaller.

You can fade controls in when the user interacts with the video and fade them out if they're just letting it play untouched. They can also go in the app bar.

--Rob

Friday, May 25, 2012 8:36 PM
  • Thanks, Rob.

But what to do if I have else controls inside my app except mediaplayer. The only way to show full size video is to fade/collapse them?

Or may be show media element inside balloon and resize it later (?).

Saturday, May 26, 2012 2:42 PM
  • You will have to do what is appropriate for your app. If you are playing full screen video then there is no room for other controls other than on top of the video. This means you either need to hide them, show them on top of the video, or move or resize the video out of the way when the controls are needed. Which is most appropriate will depend on the app.

--Rob

Saturday, May 26, 2012 6:52 PM
  • Thanks, Rob! Just has want to discuss it.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 2:04 PM