Upgrading Office Developer Tools for Visual Studio 2013 – March 2014 Update RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

I have many extensions including ComponentOne SL and HTML.

I had no issues with the upgrade. It all works nice.

The only thing is that the logout button disappears, navigating back to home screen.

It's a bug and the team are aware of this and will fix it soon I hope.

//Sven

Sven Elm

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, March 17, 2014 6:46 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This update contains a ton of new features that improves support for Office 365 Cloud Business Apps and LightSwitch projects as well as apps for Office & SharePoint in Visual Studio 2013.

There are many more features in this update that I think LightSwitch developers will enjoy. Besides design-time performance improvements and bug fixes there are some new features I’d like to specifically call out.

More information about the update:http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2014/03/03/announcing-office-developer-tools-for-visual-studio-2013-march-2014-update.aspx

In this article, it will share with you more details about these new features.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:06 AM
  • Folks are reporting that some 3rd party extensions are broken by the update.  That may be something to consider.
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:19 PM
  • Hi Hessc,

My ComponentOne controls will not work anymore after the update

Steps to reproduce de problem:
    1 - Install updates in Visual Studio 2013 from here
    2 - Create a new project
    3 - Add a grid extension
    4 - Alter configuration of Debug to Release
    5 - Run application
    6 - Error appear
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 1:45 PM
  • Hmmmmmm the performance upgrades looked very appealing to me, but it seems I'll have to pay a price to upgrade :-s

It's your story - time to switch on the innovation.||About me||LightSwitch blog

Thursday, March 6, 2014 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

The only thing is that the logout button disappears, navigating back to home screen.

//Sven

Sven Elm

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, March 17, 2014 6:46 AM
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:28 PM
  • 3 - Add a grid extension
    Sorry for the trouble you are facing. Please could you clarify which extension is this? Could you provide the error message at step 6.?
    Thursday, March 6, 2014 4:38 PM
  • Hi Ravi,

See the complete screencast here

Thursday, March 6, 2014 6:33 PM
  • Marden LR,

I can reproduce your issue with the update. The problem is that there's a new attribute in the .csproj file that the C1BulbChanger add-in is unaware of, so it can't perform repairs. As a workaround, you can try a Debug build instead of Release. That worked for me.

C1 HTML users should note that the current NuGet client package will not install with the update, as the LS runtime is now version 2.5.

Both issues will be fixed in our upcoming 2014 v1 release, scheduled for March 19. Sorry for the inconvenience.

John Juback ComponentOne

Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:38 PM
  • Hi,

//Sven

Sven Elm

Not a bug, it is by design, see:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/45523663-df2c-44b3-b2cc-6a3c1c04bbb7/back-button-has-dissapeared-with-the-visual-studio-2013-march-2014-update?forum=lightswitch

Unleash the Power - Get the LightSwitch HTML Client book

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Friday, March 7, 2014 12:07 AM
  • Hi I meant the logout button, not back button. The logout is a bug. Beth told me that. Sven

Sven Elm

Friday, March 7, 2014 6:44 AM
  • Hi I meant the logout button, not back button. The logout is a bug. Beth told me that. Sven

Sven Elm

You are correct, I apologize.

Unleash the Power - Get the LightSwitch HTML Client book

http://LightSwitchHelpWebsite.com

Friday, March 7, 2014 12:41 PM