How do I enable Hibernation in Windows Developer Preview?

Answers

• Hi Silverpulser,

Hibernation is disabled by default in Desktops. To enable it, please follow the steps:

Control Panel-System and Security-Power Options-Change Plan Settings-Change Advanced Power Settings-click Sleep-Hibernate After-You are probably set at Never-Change it to the time you want your PC to Hibernate After. Even if you are not a PC, you can still enable it using the same steps.

Irfan
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 4:34 PM
  • Activate the option to show hiberation on the shudown menu:

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Sunday, December 4, 2011 4:58 PM

All replies

• Shaun

Has Hibernation been enabled?

If not, go to Start > Search > Apps, right-click Command Prompt and at the bottom of the screen click Advanced > Run as administrator.

Now type powercfg.exe -h off (note the two spaces) and press Enter, then type powercfg.exe -h on (note the two spaces) and press Enter.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 1:43 PM
  • Just tried that and I am afraid that it is no different! I did a restart but it still remains the same.

Hmmm....

Sunday, December 4, 2011 3:15 PM
  • Whoops, it should be ON not OFF!

My post should read type powercfg -h on and press Enter.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 3:23 PM
  • You DID type ON but ordered OFF first and then ON.
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Hi Silverpulser,

Hibernation is disabled by default in Desktops. To enable it, please follow the steps:

Control Panel-System and Security-Power Options-Change Plan Settings-Change Advanced Power Settings-click Sleep-Hibernate After-You are probably set at Never-Change it to the time you want your PC to Hibernate After. Even if you are not a PC, you can still enable it using the same steps.

Irfan
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 4:34 PM
  • Activate the option to show hiberation on the shudown menu:

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Sunday, December 4, 2011 4:58 PM
  • OK, I can see that option,thanks.
    Sunday, December 4, 2011 5:33 PM
  • Ah...that's just what I wanted and it works just fine.

It comes out of Hibernation pretty quickly on my lowly AMD Turion64 single core 2.0Ghz powered Acer laptop and straight into the Lock Screen.

Thanks.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 5:34 PM