none
access the properties of a button in developer mode? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a button with a red background by inserting a  button in developer mode.  I can't seem to be able to select the properties of the button to change its attributes. I tried using design mode, but the only properties i can get are for the worksheet.

What am i doing wrong?

ajw

Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:41 PM

Answers

• You probably inserted a button form the forms toolbar and not the controls toolbox. If you exit design mode and right-click the button, if you see "Format Control...." then you can change the color by using that dialog - if you only get the font option you are in text edit mode, so right-click on one of the white handles.  To use design mode, insert a button from the controls toolbox.
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:26 PM

All replies

• You probably inserted a button form the forms toolbar and not the controls toolbox. If you exit design mode and right-click the button, if you see "Format Control...." then you can change the color by using that dialog - if you only get the font option you are in text edit mode, so right-click on one of the white handles.  To use design mode, insert a button from the controls toolbox.
    Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:26 PM
  • Hi,

How is it going with the problem now?

Thanks.

Yoyo Jiang[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 9:41 AM