MFC Scroll bar not working in Touch RRS feed

• Question

•  I have created a sample application contains customized list Control with customized Scrollbar( That is Owner draw scrollbar ). By using mouse, scroll bar works fine. But in windows 10 Tab, scrollbar is not working properly by touch. In the issue occurred scenario, it capture WM_GESTURE message and in the normal scenario, it behaves like same as in MOUSE click.
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 5:27 AM

All replies

•  I have created a sample application contains customized list Control with customized Scrollbar( That is Owner draw scrollbar ). By using mouse, scroll bar works fine. But in windows 10 Tab, scrollbar is not working properly by touch. In the issue occurred scenario, it capture WM_GESTURE message and in the normal scenario, it behaves like same as in MOUSE click.

You did not really gave much useful information, therefore only a guess from my side. You can try if this will solve your problem. For me it could point in the right direction since the usage of the scrollbar is pressing the mouse button and moving the slider:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2846829/how-to-enable-tablet-press-and-hold-gesture-in-mfc-application

Best regards

Bordon

Note: Posted code pieces may not have a good programming style and may not perfect. It is also possible that they do not work in all situations. Code pieces are only indended to explain something particualar.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 5:56 AM
  • Thank you for your reply.

While using Spy, in the touch scenario some times WM_GESTURE message becomes fired. But in other cases, Mouse events, such as MOUSE_MOVE, LBUTTON_DOWN_MOUSEMOVE, and LBUTTON_UP respectively are fired.  What is the reason for this behavior.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 9:15 AM
  • Hi,

thanks for posting here.

Do you mean the UI Spy tool ? The UI Spy tool is obsolete and no longer available. You could use other tools such as Inspect.exe that are available in the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK).

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd373661(v=vs.110).aspx

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Normally mouse messages are generated when user perform vertical scrolling in thumb of vertical scrollbar. The issue is occurred only when user first select the item from the list control, and then immediately scroll the vertical scrollbar. Scrolling will not work. It works only after a 5 sec delay. In general,(From my observation), user select an item from a scrollable window, vertical scrolling action is considered as Panning(which is a gesture). Thus issue is not observed after a 5 second delay. Is this behavior is expected or not...?  

Monday, April 2, 2018 4:23 AM