SharePoint 2013 and PowerPivot RRS feed

• Question

• After 6 hours I give up. I installed SQL Server 2012 Service pack 1. I ran the PowerPivot for Sharepoint and everything went well. The PowerPivot Management Dashboard comes up, the solutions is available at the Farm level and I also have it enabled on the site collection level. Analysis services seems to be installed and working. I have my server listed in the Excel Application Service and everything "looks" right. However I cannot get the PowerPivot timeline (data refresh) to work.  I just get "PivotTable Operation Failed: An error occurred while working on the Data Model in the workbook. Please try again."  

I am at my wits end and I have no idea what else to even check. The Secure Store service seems right and I have tried setting the Connection Settings in the Excel doc itself with the AppId thats in the secure store and to no avail. 

ULS Logs show this

ConnectionManager.GetModelConnection: Invalid connection info: [Oledb, Stored, PowerPivotUnattendedAccount, False, , ShouldUseEffectiveUsername: False]

DataModelManager.GetModelAndMarkUsed: failed to create connection, ex: Microsoft.Office.Excel.Server.CalculationServer.Interop.ConnectionException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.Office.Excel.Server.CalculationServer.Interop.ConnectionException' was thrown.    
     at Microsoft.Office.Excel.Server.CalculationServer.ConnectionManager.GetModelConnection(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Credentials credentials, Uri workbookUri, Int32 lcid, WorkbookInterop workbookInterop, Guid itemId, Boolean writableLegacy)    
     at Microsoft.Office.Excel.Server.CalculationServer.DataModelManager.GetModelAndMarkUsed(ConnectionInfo connectionInfo, Credentials credentials, Int32 lcid)

PF_CHECK_ERROR returned 'critical hresult error' 0x80004005 ; Stack Trace:NA

CWorkbook::_HandleModelStreamingError - powerpivot operation failed with 0x80004005

CExcelDataObject::MapServerAlert called - stridAlert==6DA

Please help....if you can =)

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 7:45 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the feedback, but I finally figured out what it was.  I didnt have the POWERPIVOT SQL Instance. I didnt have the Slipstream version of SQL 2012 SP1, so I never had the option to installed PowerPivot for Sharepoint. Once I installed that instance, it all worked instantly as all the other pieces were already in place.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Erwabo Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:29 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:29 PM

All replies

• Made a new secure store service and now getting this that makes no sense, especially since I am a Farm Admin

ValidateCredentialClaims - Access Denied: Claims stored in the credentials did not match with the group claim for a group app.

GetCredentials failed with the following exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Office.SecureStoreService.Server.SecureStoreServiceFault]: Access is denied to the Secure Store Service. (Fault Detail is equal to Microsoft.Office.SecureStoreService.Server.SecureStoreServiceFault).

• Marked as answer by Erwabo Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:22 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Erwabo Wednesday, November 12, 2014 4:22 PM
    Tuesday, November 11, 2014 8:50 PM
  • Hi,

For your issue, please make sure you have enabled the "Data refresh from REST enabled " in Trusted File Locations of Excel Service Application.

For more information, you can refer to the blog as below:

http://www.sharepointblogs.be/blogs/vandest/archive/2014/02/20/excel-rest-api-not-refreshing-data.aspx

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/3870.troubleshooting-powerpivot-data-refresh.aspx

Thanks,

Eric

Forum Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Eric Tao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:21 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback, but I finally figured out what it was.  I didnt have the POWERPIVOT SQL Instance. I didnt have the Slipstream version of SQL 2012 SP1, so I never had the option to installed PowerPivot for Sharepoint. Once I installed that instance, it all worked instantly as all the other pieces were already in place.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by Erwabo Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:29 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 12:29 PM