none
Azure Resource Manager Azure Storage PowerShell cmdlets

Question

• Hi,

I am in the process of updating all my Azure service manager PowerShell scripts to deploy against Azure resource manager.

In my service manager scripts I have cmdlets like new-azurestoragecontext and new-azurestoragecontainer. I have not found the equivalent for resource manager.

Has anyone figured these out?

thanks,
    Georgi

Georgi

Monday, January 25, 2016 7:32 PM

Answers

• @Georgi

Those commands do not exist in RM, storage commands are strictly for the AzureStorage space. In your RM scripts you will continue to use the same storage commands new-azurestoragecontext and new-azurestoragecontainer that you are using now with no need to update them as they are current and correct.

Hope that helps!

-Theo

Monday, January 25, 2016 10:00 PM

All replies

• @Georgi

What is it that you are actually trying to do?

If you simply want to know all the commandlets that exist in the resource manager module for powershell you can use the following:

Get-Command -Module AzureRM.Resources | Get-Help | Format-Table Name, Synopsis

Here is a link to the applicable documentation as well: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/powershell-azure-resource-manager/

-Theo

Monday, January 25, 2016 9:25 PM
  • Hi,

I'd like to run these commands new-azurestoragecontext and new-azurestoragecontainer but in Azure RM context. I do not see a new-azurermstoragecontext or new-azurermstoragecontainer.

Thanks

Georgi

Monday, January 25, 2016 9:55 PM
  • @Georgi

Those commands do not exist in RM, storage commands are strictly for the AzureStorage space. In your RM scripts you will continue to use the same storage commands new-azurestoragecontext and new-azurestoragecontainer that you are using now with no need to update them as they are current and correct.

Hope that helps!

-Theo

Monday, January 25, 2016 10:00 PM