How do I "modify the project settings under the Debug tab"? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm stumped. I have very little experience with c# and programming in general. I'm working on the "Robotics Tutorial 1 (c#) - Accessing a service". I was able to make progress up to the point about halfway through step 2 where it says:

"Modify your project settings under the Debug tab and change the Command Line Arguments setting to reference the proper manifest for your hardware. "

How do I "modify the project settings under the Debug tab"? When I click on the debug tab, I don't see anything about "command line arguments".

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:22 AM

Answers

• Right-click on the project in the solution explorer view and select properties.

The dialog that appears should have a "debug" tab as one of the tabs on the left side.

In that tab, under "Start Options" you should see "command line arguments...  like this.

-G

• Proposed as answer by Gershon Parent Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dave R Langford Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:55 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:26 PM

All replies

• Right-click on the project in the solution explorer view and select properties.

The dialog that appears should have a "debug" tab as one of the tabs on the left side.

In that tab, under "Start Options" you should see "command line arguments...  like this.

-G

• Proposed as answer by Gershon Parent Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:26 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dave R Langford Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:55 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:26 PM
  • Thank You.
    Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:56 AM
  • Hi,

OK, I found the screen you're talking about.  It seems like I'm on the right track, but I don't have a Lego Bumper Robot. What I do have is a Kinect sensor. When I go to the RDS config folder I see two different "manifest" files:

Kinect.manifest.xml

Kinect.user.manifest.xml

Which one do I use?

Thursday, September 13, 2012 3:57 AM