Web Deployment not working (ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE) RRS feed

• Question

• User-560481922 posted

I have a Web Application (ASP.Net 4.5). I use Visual Studio 2012 Update 5 in the client computer. In the server side I use an Azure Virtual Machine (Windows Server 2016 - Version 1607).

In the client side I click on Publish / Import and I use the .PublishSettings file I got from the server. I get (in the client side when clicking on "Validate Connection") an error ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE

In the server and "Destination URL" fields I put the IP address (instead of the computer name that is what was exported). In the user name I leave the domain/userName and I well type the password.

In the server side I disabled the Firewall for testing purposes. If I make a ping to the Azure VM I don't get anything (same with the PSPing from SysInternals). This is not strange since although the Firewall is disabled in that computer, I had read that there is another layer in the Azure platform that blocks pings.

However if in the client side I change the IP address I get another error instead of ERROR_DESTINATION_NOT_REACHABLE. This means that the server was at least "contacted".

In the server side I followed all instructions... I installed the more roles I could. When (in the server) I go to the "Internet Information Services" and I click on the computer node, in the Management section I get: Configuration Editor Feature Delegation IIS Manager Permission IIS Manager Users Management Service Management Service Delegation Shared Configuration Web Platform Installer

If I click on the Default Web Site I only get: Configuration Editor IIS Manager Permission Web Platform Installer

The way I got the .PublishSettings  file was by going to the "Default Web Site" and doing a Right click, then Deploy, Configure Web Deploy Publishing. Doing: net start MsDepSvc net start WmSvc tells me that "The requested service has already been started."

In the roles I have "Windows Deployment Services" installed (with the child nodes checked) In Web Server (IIS), Management Service is installed.

Regarding other roles, I don't have the "DNS Server" nor the "DHCP Server" installed, I don't know if that matters.

So, I think I have all in order but for any reason it does not work.

Thanks in advance.

Friday, September 1, 2017 4:24 PM

All replies