none
Regasm missing from my Framework SDKS RRS feed

• Question

• I read the posts that claim that Regasm.exe can be found in the .Net 1.0 and .Net 2.0 SDKs. First of all, when I look at the SDK for Net 2.0 there is no revision number so it's plain 2.0 not 2.0.50727, and it doesn't contain Regasm.exe (though it has Sn.exe). Secondly. since I am running Windows 6 SP2, .Net 1.0 won't install (too old, I suppose). So the bottom line is that I end up with no Regasm.exe. I fail to understand why the .Net 3.5 installer doesn't check to see what exists in the machine and add the appropriate tools, especially since one is not able to install the older versions. My question is, of course, where do I find Regasm or do I have to re-install Vista vanilla and start downloding .Net frameworks starting at 1.0 until I get this tool (which should have been added no matter what the .Net version since it is essential).
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:39 AM

Answers

• As far as I know, the latest Windows SDK includes Regasm, I'm currently using Microsoft Windows SDK v6.1 and it is there.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com
    • Proposed as answer by Figo Fei Monday, June 8, 2009 3:29 AM
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:28 AM
    Friday, June 5, 2009 9:50 AM