none
i need to use a feature not in msvb. Can I include some opensource .o and .h file written in c?

Question

• I have open al source files from back in the day. how do I attach them to my vb project so that I am simply ouput to the dac?
    • Moved by IoTGirl Monday, March 06, 2017 7:30 AM Not Windows CE
    Sunday, March 05, 2017 5:58 AM

All replies

• Hello Abram,

You posted this question in a Windows CE forum so I have re-routed your question to the VB forum in hopes that they can answer your question.  Can you please mention what versions of VB you are using? Bothe the "Back in the Day" and current?  What steps did you take to move your project forward?  Any other details you could share that might help other forums posters understand the issue you are having?  Any error messages for example?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, March 06, 2017 7:52 AM
  • You can't use those files directly from Visual Basic .NET. The header file (.h) would need to be converted to VB, if possible. The .o file is probably useless as it's a C language specific object file for linking. If you had the source file (.c) you might at least have a chance of converting to VB.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

• Proposed as answer by Cor LigthertMVP Monday, March 06, 2017 2:08 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Abram Hollon Friday, March 09, 2018 2:53 AM
    Monday, March 06, 2017 2:06 PM
  • I pay always attention to the text and less to the header, although I've seen this, I see now that the answer is easy. 

:-)

Success
    Cor

Monday, March 06, 2017 2:09 PM
  • what if I use the sdk from openal.org?  is there a way to make that work?
    Friday, March 09, 2018 2:53 AM
  • what if I use the sdk from openal.org?  is there a way to make that work?
    You will need to do a port from their code to .NET, that's about you only option. And let us not forget licensing. 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.
    VB Forums - moderator
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange, a network of free, community-driven Q&A sites

Friday, March 09, 2018 3:56 AM
  • You asked: Can I include some opensource .o and .h file written in c? Paul wrote: No. 

What answer do you expect on this kind of questions? Always Yes, then don't ask them. It is like a child (sorry if you are younger then 12, then I understand this)

Success
    Cor

Friday, March 09, 2018 12:01 PM