none
Site and List Content Type RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

Although I have gone thru and read the article on the above topic from Microsoft Sharepoint site..

I understood the context of Site Content Type. But can someone please explain me  of List Content Type..

Its still not clear to me.
    or rather please explain the difference between the two with example. Lets say I am creating a 'Timesheet' content type and in a new group ,say Litware Timesheet. so please explain me in this scenario.

Regards
    Pooja
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:03 PM

Answers

• When you add a content type to list or library, it is created from the site content type at the parent level. List content type is a child of the parent site content type and inherits all attributes from the parent content type. A list content type can be customzied and these changes do not reflect in the parent content type. Changes made to parent content type can be inherited in the child content types. Content types defined at the site level are called "Site content types" and the ones enabled on list level are called "List Content types". They are not different. They work differently. At site level, they are added to the site content type gallery.
    SSA
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:55 PM

All replies

• When you add a content type to list or library, it is created from the site content type at the parent level. List content type is a child of the parent site content type and inherits all attributes from the parent content type. A list content type can be customzied and these changes do not reflect in the parent content type. Changes made to parent content type can be inherited in the child content types. Content types defined at the site level are called "Site content types" and the ones enabled on list level are called "List Content types". They are not different. They work differently. At site level, they are added to the site content type gallery.
    SSA
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008 2:55 PM
  • Thanks for this.

Regards
    Pooja
    Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:42 AM