A WCF service hosted using NetNamedPipeBinding in Citrix environment resulting incorrect response of the request. RRS feed

• Question

• I have an application where Client and server both runs on same machine and communication between both of these has been done using NetNamedPipeBinding. Server application self-host the WCF service on net.pipe://localhost/ABC/XYZ and subsequently Client creates the channel using same EndPoint address and Binding. However, things work well on stand alone machine. It breaks on Citrix environment.

In Citrix environment, we managed to run both Client and server application on each running session. But, we found that responses are not coming correctly. Client application requests user specific information from Server application. However, we have used different user for client applications on each session. In Session1, if Client1 and Server1 application is running and Client1 request for data. Then, server1 delivers the correct information. Now, In Session2, If we runs Client2 and Server2 and Client2 request for data. Then, Client2 receives the data of Client1 as a response which is incorrect. Though, Logs states the services are hosted on both of the session.

My question is here, can we fix this issue without making any change in Endpoint address and binding? or can we stop cross session communication?

Wednesday, May 7, 2014 6:02 AM

Answers

• I think this behavior is intentional for supporting cross-session communication. For example, if a namedpipe service is running as Network Service (running in session 0 on Vista), we want to make sure all other processes (potentially running in different sessions) can connect to it.

Also please try this:
    WCF, netNamedPipeBinding, and Citrix - BUG?             

Thanks.                    

Friday, May 9, 2014 10:10 AM