VWD RRS feed

• Question

• User-328230518 posted

The ADO.NET provider with invariant name ' System.Data.sqlclient' is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded. See the inner exception for details.

when i was working Entity Framework with visual web developer I tried to download Entity Framework with Nuget. As I did not see anything where I can download entity framework from tools-> Library Package Manager ->Manage Nuget Package for solution.I am getting the above error when I was trying get Data access in mvc using entity framework.  

Friday, November 8, 2013 2:04 PM

All replies

• User-1083916677 posted

i use visual studio 2012 not visual web developer but ive been using sqlcient for sometime without having to install any package.  I just added a using System.Data.SqlClient statement and it works fine even with Entity Framework in the same project.

Friday, November 8, 2013 6:56 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

I just found that you've open a new thread for this problem, if any community members are interested in this issue, you can join the discussion there,

http://forums.asp.net/t/1950257.aspx 

Regards

Monday, November 18, 2013 2:29 AM
  • User-328230518 posted

How to ask questions in this forum. There is nothing says " Ask question here". I came to this site forums to ask something did not understand what to click to start typing the question?

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:48 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

HI,

Sorry for the issues that you are hitting.

I think we could focus on one thread you posted, and more professionals will join in the discussion, it will be helpful for us to solve this problem. 

As I mentioned in your previous thread, you can add an application configuration file to your C# project

1. On the menu bar, choose Project, Add New Item.   The Add New Item dialog box appears.
    2. Expand Installed, expand Visual C# Items, and then choose the Application Configuration File template.
    3. In the Name text box, enter a name, and then choose the Add button.

A file that's named app.config is added to your project.

For further information:

How to: Add an Application Configuration File to a C# Project - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms184658(v=vs.110).aspx

Regards

Friday, November 22, 2013 2:23 AM