none
Generating eboot.bin for Freescale Imx25 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to build Eboot Bootloader for Imx25 board. I am using Imx253ds1.7 Osdesign for that. This software package was captured in freescale website.

Firstly, I rebuilt wince/platform/imx25-3ds/src/common

Secondly, I rebuilt eboot from wince/platform/imx25-ads/src/bootloader/eboot

However, the second step generates nk.bin instead eboot.bin. But I woulk like the ebbot.bin to put in the board through ATK.

Any one can help me?

Thanks

Rodrigo

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 2:07 PM

Answers

• I don't have that BSP available, but I may be able to help you understand what is happening, and how to find the problem and or fix this.

First, how are you rebuilding that folder?  If it were me, I would open a build window, change directories to that folder and then run build.exe.

Now some things for you to check:

1. The bib file in that folder, assuming that there is one.   The name given to the RAMIMAGE section indicates the name of the bin file that will be created.   Is it NK or EBOOT, or something different?
    2. Is there a makefile.inc in that folder?  If so, it may move the bin file to a different folder.   If not, then the bin file will not be created automatically and you may need to run romimage manually.
    3. Check the sources file, it must include a line with WINCETARGETFILES=<SOMETARGET>.   The SOMETARGET must be a target in makefile.inc for it to automatically create the bin file and this target must run romimage.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:05 PM
  • From my experience with that BSP for the iMX25 you need to build wince/platform/imx25-3rds/src/bootloader to get all of eboot built not just the eboot directory, and you can't make it in debug mode, only release.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:16 AM

All replies

• I don't have that BSP available, but I may be able to help you understand what is happening, and how to find the problem and or fix this.

First, how are you rebuilding that folder?  If it were me, I would open a build window, change directories to that folder and then run build.exe.

Now some things for you to check:

1. The bib file in that folder, assuming that there is one.   The name given to the RAMIMAGE section indicates the name of the bin file that will be created.   Is it NK or EBOOT, or something different?
    2. Is there a makefile.inc in that folder?  If so, it may move the bin file to a different folder.   If not, then the bin file will not be created automatically and you may need to run romimage manually.
    3. Check the sources file, it must include a line with WINCETARGETFILES=<SOMETARGET>.   The SOMETARGET must be a target in makefile.inc for it to automatically create the bin file and this target must run romimage.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 4:05 PM
  • From my experience with that BSP for the iMX25 you need to build wince/platform/imx25-3rds/src/bootloader to get all of eboot built not just the eboot directory, and you can't make it in debug mode, only release.
    Thursday, February 24, 2011 5:16 AM
  • Hello Bruce and Barak,

Thank you very much for your answers.

I solved the problem by changing the configuration from Debug to Release.

Best regards

Rodrigo

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 2:12 PM