Adding User Controls to Hub Sections

Question

• Hello

I am trying to add a user control to a hub section and can not even get references to the names that are defined in the XAML. I made a color picker and wanted to add it to the hub section and I can not declare it in the XAML.

I also have to add a grid view or list view for table data that looks interesting. I have to populate this from a service.

Does anyone know how to do this or have an example?

I need to see some good code. there are too many permutations with this data-binding stuff.

Help

Thanks

-Peter

Thursday, May 15, 2014 10:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is not possible to access your controls inside the Hubsection DataTemplate therefore. And WinRT does not have any

color picker.

And if you want to make the data from service display in the GridView. You should get the data from the service and define the DataTemplate in GridView and bind the data to the GridView property or Control property in GridView DataTemplate. You can refer to the link to get more information:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/hh780618.aspx

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, May 16, 2014 2:38 AM