GAC Problem RRS feed

• Question

• User1014928088 posted

Hi to all,

i have a web application that depends from 7 assembly. I have migrate this web application and all 7 assembly in Framework 4.0 with Visual Studio 2010.
    I have add reference all 7 assembly inside the web application. I can see 6 assembly inside a bin folder in web application but there is ONE assembly can't i see inside a bin folder. If i look the property page's web application i see that this assembly is referenced by GAC. Why? How can i add reference directly by GAC? When i add reference this assembly the web.config file change with the next rows

<add assembly="NBMI_Profiling, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B95EBE786182734E"/>

Why not happens for the others assembly? however when i compile the web application appeare the error could not load file  or assembly
    NBMI_Profiling ... or one of its dependencies. How can i solve this bad situation?
    Where is my mistakes?
    Thanks in advance

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 5:28 AM

Answers

• User-952121411 posted

I can see 6 assembly inside a bin folder in web application but there is ONE assembly can't i see inside a bin folder. If i look the property page's web application i see that this assembly is referenced by GAC. Why?

If you reference an assembly that is installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and you want it to be added to the /bin upon compile, and ultimately pushed out when the application is deployed, then you must set the reference's 'Copy Local' property = 'True'. To do this, right-click the referenced assembly (sounds like NBMI_Profiling) in Solution Explorer within .NET and select 'Properties' to view the properties window. Change the 'Copy Local' property to 'True'. This should add the assembly installed in the GAC to your project's /bin folder.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:38 AM

All replies

• User-269404413 posted

Hi to all,

i have a web application that depends from 7 assembly. I have migrate this web application and all 7 assembly in Framework 4.0 with Visual Studio 2010.
    I have add reference all 7 assembly inside the web application. I can see 6 assembly inside a bin folder in web application but there is ONE assembly can't i see inside a bin folder. If i look the property page's web application i see that this assembly is referenced by GAC. Why? How can i add reference directly by GAC? When i add reference this assembly the web.config file change with the next rows

<add assembly="NBMI_Profiling, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B95EBE786182734E"/>

Why not happens for the others assembly? however when i compile the web application appeare the error could not load file  or assembly
    NBMI_Profiling ... or one of its dependencies. How can i solve this bad situation?
    Where is my mistakes?
    Thanks in advance

1. are you referring NBMI this assembly then put this inside of ur bin folder on server.

2. if this assembly is installable file then install the same on your server also.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 6:56 AM
  • User1014928088 posted

I did it but not working

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:22 AM
  • User-952121411 posted

I can see 6 assembly inside a bin folder in web application but there is ONE assembly can't i see inside a bin folder. If i look the property page's web application i see that this assembly is referenced by GAC. Why?

If you reference an assembly that is installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and you want it to be added to the /bin upon compile, and ultimately pushed out when the application is deployed, then you must set the reference's 'Copy Local' property = 'True'. To do this, right-click the referenced assembly (sounds like NBMI_Profiling) in Solution Explorer within .NET and select 'Properties' to view the properties window. Change the 'Copy Local' property to 'True'. This should add the assembly installed in the GAC to your project's /bin folder.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2011 11:38 AM