Smartphone Web Page not displaying correctly RRS feed

• Question

• User1879467640 posted

Hello,

I'm working on a simple web page to get a feel for ASP.NET Mobile Control development and I'm getting inconsistent results on how the pages are rendered on different devices. I did the development and testing using the Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Emulator and everthing seems to be working great but now that I've deployed the web site and I browse to it using an actual Smartphone device (Samsung Blackjack) is looks completely different - not sure? The first thing I noticed is that my default.aspx redirects to Mobile.aspx if IsMobileBrowser is true and this didn't work on the smartphone so I just typed url using the Mobile.aspx and it went to the page but it doesn't look correct - this redirect logic works great with the emulator and with other PPC device. Then I used the Smartphone emulator to browse to the published web site and it looked great - same results with an actual Window Mobile 5 PPC device - page looks as expected. But when I browse to the page using the Blackjack smartphone, it looks completely different and the controls do not work the same. For example, I'm using the Mobile Calendar Control and when I browse to it with the emulator or with the PPC device I get a nice looking calendar picker - when I browse to it using the Blackjack, it steps me through the long series of links to pick the month, then pick the week, then pick the day - nothing like the other devices.

Any Ideas?

mike...

Thursday, June 14, 2007 1:40 PM

Answers

• User1879467640 posted

I seem to have made some headway - I ran through the device profiler application at http://www.asp.net/mobile/profile/default.aspx and added the generated DeviceCaps section to my web.config and everything seems to be operating normally.

mike..

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 3:37 PM