none
Manage groups and users is not visible anymore in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• i do a mistake by removing "Manage users and groups" permission from administrators group in project server 2013 and i am not able to see manage users and groups option, any solution?
    Monday, September 16, 2019 12:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

a site collection administrator should be able to see this section and can revert your change.

Regards
    Barbara

Barbara Henhapl Blog (English/German)

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:02 PM
  • i am the site collection admin and server admin, but not able to revert it, i remove the permission of "Manage Groups and users" from "Administrator" Group/Category  :(
    Monday, September 16, 2019 1:10 PM
  • Hi,

If you just removed  "Manage Groups and users" from global permissions for admins, find just a colleague you trust and who is a resource :). Edit this resource and enable admin permissions for this resource in Global permissions. Ask this resource afterwards to re-enable permissions for Administrator group. Remove the personal permissions of this resource afterwards

If you changed permission mode from "Project Server permission mode" to "SharePoint Server permission mode by mistake, you need to re-enable "Project Server permission mode" using PowerShell. Your previously defined permissions are lost in this case and you have to re-configure.

Regards
    Barbara 

Monday, September 16, 2019 1:27 PM
  • I just removed  "Manage Groups and users" from global permissions for admins, but i am not able to access manage user/groups page anymore, any solution
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:28 AM
  • nobody can access manage users/groups page
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

are you able to edit resources (not users)? If so, can you modify group section or is this also disabled?

Can you edit global permissions for resources?

Barbara

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:30 AM
  • i can edit resources from resources page /Resources.aspx but group section is  disabled and not able to edit global permission for resources 

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:47 AM
  • Hi,

do you have a test environment? If so, get a backup of your Project Server databases and disable there the manager users und group permissions. Then you can try the following: http://www.sharepointjunkies.com/losing-administration-permission-on-project-server-2013/

If you don't have a test environment please let me know. Currently I have no time to test but I can try tomorrow or on Thursday.

Regards
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by AUDI52019 Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:19 AM
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:00 AM
  • the script in the link you provided saved my day, big thanksssss
    Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:19 AM