Enabled the setting for offline files through GPO but it does not stay enabled for one user. RRS feed

• Question

• The entire network has folder redirection for "My Docs", "Desktop", Favorites, and AppData.  Also, all users have roaming profiles.  Offline files are disabled for all computers except laptops.  My problems is that the setting to enable offline files does not stay enabled for one user on a laptop.  This particular user I have made exceptions for.  He does not have a roaming profile and he does not have "appdata" redirected.  It is local.  I have the standard SBS Folder Redirection gpo applying the setting for all users to have all of the above folders redirected.  I have this particular user in a sub ou in order to turn off appdata redirection.  In that ou I have a separate GPO that just redirects AppData back to local.

Computer is Windows 7 Pro 64bit with latest updated.  Server is SBS 2011 with the latest updates.

In the above scenario, all users offline files I believe are working for the users with laptops.  But for this user I am having an issue with, his folders are redirecting properly, but his sitting for offline files changes after every reboot.  Sometimes it is "enabled", sometimes "disabled but currently active", and sometimes "enabled but not currently active"... and sometimes "disabled".  I have removed all gpo's that enable and disable offline files and have recreated them.  I have run RSOP.msc numerous times and every time there are no errors and it shows the setting to allow offline files should be enabled.  I have re-installed windows and no difference.  No GPO related error messages from what I can see in the event log.  I have seen it fully enabled and fully synced, it just doesn't stay that way. 

This person describes the exact same symptom but no solution posted. link

Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Monday, November 11, 2013 4:42 PM