Adding a column to the results for a content query web part RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using a content query web part to pull blog posts from a subsite and display them on my main site home page. I've got the title and date/time displaying, but I created a new column in the blog called "Summary" that I would also like to display under the title on the home page. The content query web part doesn't seem to recognize that Summary column; every time I try to list it in the web part display fields, I get a message saying that the web part doesn't recognize the field. Is there some setting or indexing on that column that I need to turn on for the web part to pick it up?

Also, can I restrict the date/time display to day only? And reformat to "Monday, September 3, 2018."

While I'm at it, People of MicrosoftLand: I wish the content query web part results were easier to format. I wish I could say "Give me two columns, and put the date in the first column, and the title (in a bigger font) above the summary in the second column." And if wishes were horses ....

Friday, August 31, 2018 10:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Steve, 

Make sure the summary column has managed property and the managed property of the summary column is Refinable:

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, September 3, 2018 10:00 AM
  • Hi Steve, 

Is there anything update? 

Please remember to mark the helpful post as an answer. 

Have a nice day. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, September 25, 2018 9:28 AM