An unhandled win32 exception occurred in FabricTypeHost.exe RRS feed

• Question

• FabricTypeHost.exe always crashes on Windows 7, but it runs on Windows 10.
    The problem is ese.dll. It looks for AddVectoredExceptionHandler function in api-ms-win-core-debug-l1-1-0.dll. But does not find it, because it does not exists there. Then it unloads the library with FreeLibrary() and crashes there.
    Friday, July 29, 2016 9:16 AM

Answers

• Not sure why service fabric would call ese.dll do you have a 3rd party code which calls the dll ? 

You may need a certain patch level on Windows 7 , an earilier version of ese.dll

It behaves strangely in windows 7 and 10 in the emulator as well while debugging requiring a daily reboot but not on the installed machines.  I figure it has to do with emulating the nodes.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:18 AM

All replies

• Not sure why service fabric would call ese.dll do you have a 3rd party code which calls the dll ? 

You may need a certain patch level on Windows 7 , an earilier version of ese.dll

It behaves strangely in windows 7 and 10 in the emulator as well while debugging requiring a daily reboot but not on the installed machines.  I figure it has to do with emulating the nodes.

Tuesday, August 2, 2016 11:18 AM
  • Ese.dll is used by Service Fabric. Don't know why. You can find it here C:\Program Files\Microsoft Service Fabric\bin\Fabric\Fabric.Code\ese.dll

Which patch do I need on Windows 7? IT Administrator manages alls updates. I can't install them by myself.

Monday, August 15, 2016 7:51 AM
  • Daniel, have you made any progress with this?

Thanks!

Ed Price, Azure Development Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:55 AM