AMS V3 in AMP : Video playback was aborted due to a corruption problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have encoded one MP4 video with AMS V3, and the encoding process was completed successfully.

But, when I play that particular video, Azure Media Player throws following error on screen.

I tried playing the video in Chrome/Safari/IE, but result is the same.

When I download the encoded MP4 files from Azure portal, it plays well on local machine.

What is causing this error, how can I avoid it and which browser actually support it?

Appreciate any help!

Saturday, December 7, 2019 3:27 AM

Answers

• Upgrading to AMP 2.3.3 fixed the "video-only" problem!!
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi can you share which encoding preset you used?  Did you use a single bitrate encoding preset or one of our Adaptive encoding presets?

Can you test out one of our Tutorials in the Docs here - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/latest/stream-files-tutorial-with-api and see if it works for you first?
    If that fails to work for you, we can follow up with a support ticket request through the Azure Portal. 

Monday, December 9, 2019 6:12 PM
  • Hello, we have used "StandardEncoderPreset", and encoding/streaming works perfectly fine for all other videos.

new StandardEncoderPreset
    (
      codecs: new Codec[]
      {
        new H264Video
        (
          keyFrameInterval:TimeSpan.FromSeconds(2),
          layers:  new H264Layer[]
          {
            new H264Layer
            (
               bitrate: 1000000, 
               width: "1280",
               height: "720",
               label: "HD" 
            )
          }
        )
      }
     )

It is failing only in case of two videos while streaming with the error shown above.

We want to understand which video characteristics/parameters make it fail, so that we can handle such videos during processing.

If needed, we can share those specific videos with your team.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:51 AM
  • Yes, please do share those videos with us - ideally via a support ticket that you can open using Azure Portal. If you can't do that, then you can send us SAS URLs to amshelp@microsoft.com

The 0x20400003 error code used to be thrown in older builds of Azure Media Player when trying to stream a video-only or an audio-only stream - not sure if that's the case here.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 4:43 AM
  • Yes, they are video-only stream.

I sent a mail to above address, but got a failure report saying I am not part of the same organization, so can't mail to this group address.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:54 PM
  • Upgrading to AMP 2.3.3 fixed the "video-only" problem!!
    Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:48 AM