Trying to creae a custom webpart using XSLT generated by DFWP and using SpDatasource from om-api but its not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to create a webpart using DFWP. This is my first experience with DFWP. I am trying to create this in SharePoint 2010.

I am using designer to generate and export the XSLT. Generating Datasources from the visual studio. Trying to bind this data

source with the exported XSLT. But it’s not rendering the data on when I deploy the webpart.

Please provide the solution for the same. Also give me some hints if I am going in the wrong direction to implement the DFWP.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

J.Nayi
    Monday, December 5, 2011 8:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Jitendra,

You can refer to the following article, which will show us the steps how to:

1.         Create a DVWP in SharePoint Designer 2010, consuming a data source (Ex: SP list)

2.         Customizations (HTML, CSS, XSLT)

3.         Export Web Part

4.         Include Web Part in a Visual Studio solution

http://onlinecoder.blogspot.com/2011/05/using-sharepoint-2010-data-view-web.html

And please post the questions related to SharePoint 2010 to the dedicated forum which will help you getting more efficient responses. This forum is for pre-SharePoint 2010

Thanks.

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Friday, December 16, 2011 2:59 AM
    Wednesday, December 7, 2011 6:52 AM