Azure Web App Database Timeout Error RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I am very new in the use of Windows Azure Resources. There is always the first time, you know. With few documentations and online checks I was able to migrate my database to Azure SQL Database as well as deployed my Web Application directly to Azure App Service. But the deployed application on Azure won't connect to the database as it always time out when accessing the database resources. See the error below.

HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out
    1. I deployed my Web App on my Local Machine pointing to my Azure SQL Database and it worked without any error.
    2. I deployed the same Web App on Azure Web Service pointing to my Azure SQL Database on my portal and it only work for any web page not accessing my Azure SQL Database resources.
    3. All other web pages that interact with my Azure SQL database gives the error above
    4. My Web Config and the connectionString configuration are the same for both deployment. See below

<connectionStrings>
        <add name="ESMConnectionString" connectionString="Server=tcp:esxxtions.database.windows.net,1433;Initial Catalog=ESM;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=esxxdmin;Password=xxx135x4;MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;Connection Timeout=30;"/>
      </connectionStrings>

I am considering moving my Web Apps and SQL database to Windows Azure for the benefits it provides for Solution Providers and their Clients.

I will sincerely appreciate if someone can help me out here as it is becoming frustrating.

Thank you all.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018 6:34 PM

All replies