Matrix Report RRS feed

• Question

• User-797751191 posted

Hi

I have Matrix report which has Row Group = Location & 2 Column Groups Product & Month .

I want when user clicks on Column what is his Row Value & Columns value (Product & Month). Is it possible.  I want to pass these as Parameters to subreport

Thanks

Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:35 PM

All replies

• User-1174608757 posted

Hi jsshivalik,

According to your description, you could add value of field in static field to sub report by following steps as bleow:

1. In Design view, right-click the subreport and then click Subreport Properties.

2. In the Subreport Properties dialog box, click Parameters.

3. Click Add. A new row is added to the parameter grid.

4. In the Name text box, type the name of a parameter in the subreport or choose it from the list box. This name must match a report parameter, not a query parameter, in the subreport.

5. In the Value list box, type or select a value to pass to the subreport. This value can be static text or an expression that references a field or other object in the main report.

6. Repeat steps 3-5 to specify a name and value for each subreport parameter.

7. To delete a subreport parameter, click the parameter in the parameter grid, and then click Delete.

8.To change the order of a subreport parameter, click the parameter, and then click the up button or the down button.Changing the order of a subreport parameter does not affect the processing of the subreport.

Here is the link, I hope it could help you.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-design/add-a-subreport-and-parameters-report-builder-and-ssrs?view=sql-server-2017

Best Regards

Wei

Friday, June 7, 2019 2:52 AM
  • User-797751191 posted

Hi Wei

Can u pls help if i want to display the value of Row & Column group Value 's on which column user has clicked.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 11:01 AM
  • User-1174608757 posted

Hi jsshivalik,

According to your description, I suggest that you could post this requirement to SSRS msdn forums ,they are specialized in dealing with report related issues.

Here is the link,I hope it could help you.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlreportingservices

Best Regards

Wei

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 8:09 AM
  • User-797751191 posted

Hi Wei

I have structure like this

Mumbai                     Delhi

Chris              600.00                   400.00

Brian              800.00

I want when user clicks on 400 i want to display Values Chris & Delhi in textbox

If User clicks on 800 then Brian & Mumbai should get displayed.

Thanks

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:56 AM
  • User-1174608757 posted

Hi jsshivalik,

According to your description,I think you could host this requirement to SSRS forums.

Here is the link,I hope it could help you.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/home?forum=sqlreportingservices

Best Regards

Wei

Friday, June 21, 2019 8:49 AM