What are some simple ways for uploading my ASP.Net Core project? RRS feed

• Question

• User1607623375 posted

Hello,

I'm new to programming and I just finished my first ASP Net Core project. I want to deploy it on the Internet, But I don't know how to do it.

So, What are some simple and free ways to upload (deploy) my ASP Net Core project? I also used LocalDB in my project.

Also, You might want to know that any solution with Microsoft Azure doesn't work for me because Azure doesn't work in Iran (sanctions).

Thursday, June 18, 2020 1:21 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

I use the Visual Studio publish feature to publishe the project to a folder on my local system.  Then FTP or copy the folder contents to the remote host.

You'll need to find a host that supports ASP.Net Core and read their documentation.  The standard ASP.Net support docs cover deployment details.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/host-and-deploy/?view=aspnetcore-3.1

I also used LocalDB in my project.

I assume you used Code first?  You can execute the migrations on the remote SQL server.   Again, you need to read the host docs.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 1:37 PM
  • User-474980206 posted

The deployment options will depend on the hosting service. Not all hosting services support asp.net core directly. Some like go daddy require you host a VM that you build or only support asp.net core via docker.

if the service host asp.net core directly, they will have deployment tools, so your first job is find a hosting service.

Thursday, June 18, 2020 2:39 PM
  • User-2054057000 posted

Publish your project in VS then upload your files to the host using filezilla. Then script your database in SQL Server and run the script on online database (production database). 

You can connect your Production database with your local sql server management by entering the server name, user id and password. All hosts work the same way.

Friday, June 19, 2020 3:32 AM
  • User932909087 posted

Hi Davood.

You can use Visual Studio tools to upload your project. If you are new and want to start deploying your .net project, you can just try shared hosting. They will give you clearly instructions to deploy your .net website. Just find hosting provider that support .net. 

Wednesday, June 24, 2020 5:55 AM