Control persisted WF instance (xamlx) without AppFabric RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have a workflow service (xamlx) which implements some complex business process (with persistence and correlation). This service is hosted in IIS and I use AppFabric to control workflow instanses (Terminate them or Cancel).

Now I need to allow users, who don't have administrative rights and, hence, access to AppFabric to stop workflows (Terminate) if they make mistakes while invoking it and restart the workflow.

Is it possible to implement the same logic as it is used in AppFabric with C# code (I plan to create a web service with the help of which it would be possible to terminate workflows)

Thanks in advance!

• Moved by Andrew_Zhu Sunday, April 17, 2011 2:10 PM (From:.NET 4: Windows Workflow Foundation)
    Monday, April 11, 2011 11:34 AM

Answers

• I would look at the assembly that implements the AppFabric PowerShell cmdlets in Reflector. This is a good way to figure out how to do it in .NET code. If you go too C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\ApplicationServer, and look in Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Management.dll it has the .NET code that the PowerShell commands do.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:08 AM

All replies

• I would look at the assembly that implements the AppFabric PowerShell cmdlets in Reflector. This is a good way to figure out how to do it in .NET code. If you go too C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\ApplicationServer, and look in Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Management.dll it has the .NET code that the PowerShell commands do.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 1:08 AM
  • Another approach is to call the AppFabric cmdlets from C#. Here is a thread talking about doing this: http://t.co/fGQrQIh

Thanks,

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:16 PM