none
entity framework installation problem RRS feed

• Question

• i WANT TO INSTALL ENTITY FRAMEWORK IN VS 2008 SP1,

I looked for the EXE file throught the microsoft site but i didnt found any thing,

there r few link in msdn to download but nothing is there may be the url problem,

i am just begining with entity framework.

any help would be welcomed.

thanks

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Venkysmv85,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    Do you mean that you want to get ADO.NET Entity Data Model template via VS2008 IDE or separeatly download ADO.NET Entity Framework?

For ADO.NET Entity Framework installer, as far as I know, for RTM version, there seems to be no separate installer for it.
    ADO.NET Entity Framework is one part of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. If you have installed Visual Studio 2008 SP1, this means that you have ADO.NET Entity Framework on your machine.

If you want to apply ADO.NET Entity Data Model template via VS2008 IDE, could you please help me to check the following steps?

- Check whether Visual Studio 2008 SP1 has been well installed
      Please go to Help menu >> About Microsoft Visual Studio >> Installed products.

For your reference:
      My installed products is listed as following:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
      Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
      Microsoft .NET Framework
      Version 3.5 SP1

- Make sure that your project is set to use .NET Framework 3.5
    - Right Click your project >> Add >> New Item >> ADO.NET Entity Data Model template

If you still cannot notice the template, you might try the workaround in the following similar issue:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/netfxsetup/thread/e6ee8a2d-8025-43f1-b7e5-4896f8386d0a
    http://forums.asp.net/t/1192392.aspx

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Tuesday, April 6, 2010 3:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:47 AM

All replies