I need web service tools to manage and monitor performance and concurrent requests RRS feed

• Question

• User-775697465 posted

Hi,

I am search for tools that can help me to manage ASP.NET web service application for example to monitor and control runing web service

concurrent number of requests ,loging requests/response,etc..

Thanks alot for help.Smile.

Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:06 AM

Answers

• User260886948 posted

Hi,

ManageEngine Applications Manager is a server and application performance monitoring software that helps businesses ensure high availability and performance for their business applications by ensuring servers and applications have high uptime. The application performance management capability includes server monitoring, application server monitoring, database monitoring, web services monitoring, virtualization monitoring, cloud monitoring and an array of other application management capability that will help IT administrators manage their resources effectively.

#ManageEngine Applications Manager:
    http://www.manageengine.com/products/applications_manager/ .

I also find the following from: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/741868/a-web-service-monitoring-tool , please try to refer to:

The most common program in this area is Nagios. It has a scheduler which performs test at intervals you set, it has alarms when something goes wrong and it has plugins which perform the actual test. If there is no plugin for your service (a zillion of plugins already exist), you can write one without touching the main code.

I personally use mon instead because it is much simpler and writing monitors (the small script that do the actual test) is very simple. It does everything you expect from a monitoring tool such as setting intervals for the alarm (no need to tell me every minute that the Web site is down).

Best Regards.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:55 PM
  • User281315223 posted

As Amy mentioned, ManageEngine is a widely popular and widely used performance monitoring tool that you may want to consider using if your application or business requires such a serious level of monitoring. There are several services that are similar but a majority of them will require monthly fees to handle the actual monitoring itself. You can implement your own form of monitoring using a system of counters, but it will ultimately be up to you and your needs as to how rigorous your monitoring services are.

There are lots of other similar applications and services out there that you might want to look into as well as the following resources that mention some additional options : 

Some of the commonly mentioned tools and services in these threads are :

• Nagios - Open Source IT Monitoring
    • mon - Another Open-Source Monitoring System
    • monitis - Paid Monitoring Service
    • LogicMonitor - Software as a Service Network Monitoring

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:21 PM

All replies