none
Where do i have to store a Custom SmartArt Color (.gcsx) or a Custom SmartArt QuickStyle (.gqsx) RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Micha Häsler,

you had mentioned that ,"Where do i have to store a Custom SmartArt Color (.gcsx) or a Custom SmartArt QuickStyle (.gqsx)"

store your file in below mentioned location.

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\SmartArt Graphics. 

which is same as the path you are already trying to save.

you had mentioned that you had created the file using the link mentioned in the post.

in that link op had mentioned that file has some error and it's not working.

so if you use that code to create file then it is possible that because of that error it is also not working on your side.

please refer the link mentioned below to create the file.

Creating Custom SmartArt Layouts with Office Open XML

Note:-This documentation for Office 2007 and 2010. no any official documentation available for Office 2016.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Micha Häsler Friday, December 9, 2016 8:50 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2016 3:08 AM
  • Hi Micha Häsler,

I try to find the other official documentation for creating smart art in powerpoint but no any official documentation are available.

I find this link may help you.

Creating your own custom Smart Art (PowerPoint 2010)

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Micha Häsler Monday, December 12, 2016 7:11 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 4:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Micha Häsler,

you had mentioned that ,"Where do i have to store a Custom SmartArt Color (.gcsx) or a Custom SmartArt QuickStyle (.gqsx)"

store your file in below mentioned location.

C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\SmartArt Graphics. 

which is same as the path you are already trying to save.

you had mentioned that you had created the file using the link mentioned in the post.

in that link op had mentioned that file has some error and it's not working.

so if you use that code to create file then it is possible that because of that error it is also not working on your side.

please refer the link mentioned below to create the file.

Creating Custom SmartArt Layouts with Office Open XML

Note:-This documentation for Office 2007 and 2010. no any official documentation available for Office 2016.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Micha Häsler Friday, December 9, 2016 8:50 AM
    Friday, December 9, 2016 3:08 AM
  • Thank you very much Deepak
    I could solve my problem.

Path

As you said, the directory was correct: "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Templates\SmartArt Graphics"

[Content_Types].xml

I had to make some syntactic adjustments in the [Content_Types].xml.

Here the code of my "[Content_Types].xml" for the QuickStyle: (Attention: quickStyle not quickStyles)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Types xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/package/2006/content-types">
      <Default Extension="xml" ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.drawingml.diagramStyleHeader+xml" />
      <Default Extension="rels" ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-package.relationships+xml" />
      <Override PartName="/diagrams/quickStyle1.xml" ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.drawingml.diagramStyle+xml" />
    </Types> 

Herre the Code of my "[Content_Types].xml" for the Colors:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Types xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/package/2006/content-types">
      <Default Extension="xml" ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.drawingml.diagramColorsHeader+xml" />
      <Default Extension="rels" ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-package.relationships+xml" />
      <Override PartName="/diagrams/colors1.xml" ContentType="application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.drawingml.diagramColors+xml" />
    </Types>

Other Ressources?

Do you know a ressource, which you recommend for learning more about creating custom SmartArts?

Friday, December 9, 2016 9:47 AM
  • Hi Micha Häsler,

I try to find the other official documentation for creating smart art in powerpoint but no any official documentation are available.

I find this link may help you.

Creating your own custom Smart Art (PowerPoint 2010)

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Micha Häsler Monday, December 12, 2016 7:11 AM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 4:54 AM
  • Great source!
    Thank you very much Deepak!

Monday, December 12, 2016 7:11 AM