none
Adding columns to table in rdlc file programatically RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have a rdlc file but i dont want to decalre dataset and add columns to table in rdlc file Is there any way that i can bind the fields to table in rdlc file programatically.I have dataset with data which is in exact required format.The only thing i cant do is add columns to table in rdlc file by draggin and dropping fields from dataset (which is present in datasources) into table.Is there any way to work around this.

Thank you.

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,
         I was searching related to adding columns dynamically in rdlc report n came to your post . And it has been taken long time so you must be got your answer or kind of alternate solution for your query.

I want to know is there any other way to add columns to rdlc report instead of drag them from the datasource.

So may be ill figure out my issue.

Thank you
    Wednesday, April 16, 2008 2:46 PM
  •  

Hi,

I tried to do that way but it was kind of tough.So i went to traditional approach of dataset.Let me know if u have any problems for generating reports in regular manner will help you but not without dataset.

Thank you.

Thursday, April 17, 2008 3:36 PM
  • Hi San,
                  Thnx for the reply, I dont hv any prob for generating report in regular manner but my need is some wat different which doesn't allow me to walk on this way.

I want to generate report dynamically which includes columns at run time so if i go for straight forward way then it wont be possible for me to do. Coz how could i know in advance tht how many columns would be needed in my report coz its been generated at run time.

Hope you got my point n ll help me out.

Thnk you..
    Friday, April 18, 2008 4:56 AM