Setting network username & password RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am currently configuring a number of devices to run under Wavelink's Avalanche product but I am having some trouble with the Windows Mobile 6.5 device.

I can configure the wireless to connect but the logon box pops on the first connection. What I need to be able to do is store the network username, password and domain in the registry as part of the configuration but I have no idea where this information is stored.

I do know the logon details and expect that they have to be encrypted. I have configured one device so if you could tell me where in the registry the settings are I can copy and paste and configure a new device.

Thanks

Phil

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:05 AM

Answers

• If the Wavelink Avalanche product replaces Microsoft Zero Config, then you will need to look to Wavelink for this answer. Otherwise...

To configure the Zero Config supplicant using C++, use the Automatic Configuration API. This will help you to set the SSID and encryption type. To set the PEAP credentials, you can modfiy the registry directly. The registry keys related to PEAP are located in: <Platform Builder Root>\public\common\oak\inc\eapol.h

The ones I think you're looking for are the username, which is stored in [HKCU]\Comm\EAPOL\Config\Identity, and the password, which is encrypted and stored in [HKCU]\Comm\EAPOL\Config\Password .

It is not, to my knowledge, possible to store the TLS credentials in the registry.

-PaulH

• Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, May 23, 2011 12:44 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:36 AM

All replies

• Thanks for the reponse Malleswar but that does not answer my problem.

I am looking to "Stage" the device prior to deployment of the software and was looking to configure the network credentials by adding the appropriate keys to the registry.

Phil

• Proposed as answer by PaulH79 Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:28 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by PaulH79 Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:28 AM
    Wednesday, May 11, 2011 12:06 PM
  • If the Wavelink Avalanche product replaces Microsoft Zero Config, then you will need to look to Wavelink for this answer. Otherwise...

To configure the Zero Config supplicant using C++, use the Automatic Configuration API. This will help you to set the SSID and encryption type. To set the PEAP credentials, you can modfiy the registry directly. The registry keys related to PEAP are located in: <Platform Builder Root>\public\common\oak\inc\eapol.h

The ones I think you're looking for are the username, which is stored in [HKCU]\Comm\EAPOL\Config\Identity, and the password, which is encrypted and stored in [HKCU]\Comm\EAPOL\Config\Password .

It is not, to my knowledge, possible to store the TLS credentials in the registry.

-PaulH

• Proposed as answer by Jesse Jiang Tuesday, May 17, 2011 8:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jesse Jiang Monday, May 23, 2011 12:44 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:36 AM