none
Calling USQL task getting failed in Data Factory

Question

• Hi All,

When I am trying to execute USQL task from pipeline , I am getting below error

Script is working fine when I executed from Data lake analytics .

Thankx & regards, Vipin jha MCP

• Edited by Vipin jha Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:25 AM aa
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 10:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Vipin,

When submitting a job on Azure Data Lake Analytics (ADLA) via Azure Data Factory (ADF), it is not enough for you (the user) to have access to the ADLA account (as you do since you can submit the job yourself).  You have to give the data factory permissions to submit jobs on the ADLA account as well.  

You can do this through Managed Service Identity authentication or Service Principal authentication.  For MSI, you assign permissions in ADLA directly to your data factory.  For SP, you create a web app (through AAD) and give it access to your ADLA account, and pass the app's key and id to your data factory.

Please let me know if this works, and if not we can debug further.

Thanks,

Matt

Thursday, April 12, 2018 11:23 PM
  • Hi Vipin, 

To build on MattBasile_MSFT's answer, I was able to follow the documentation here and get my ADLA linked service working:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/transform-data-using-data-lake-analytics

Friday, April 13, 2018 10:53 PM
  • Hi,

I have given all the access and now I am able to execute pipeline.

but now I am getting an error.

Error:-

Activity U-SQL1 failed: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: dataFactoryName

Sunday, April 15, 2018 9:56 AM
  • Getting error like below

Thankx & regards, Vipin jha MCP

Sunday, April 15, 2018 10:14 AM