Windows developer preview always downloading (x64)

Question

• hi,

In Task manager, I've see that network always receive and send Kbps, more than windows 7 made, that's normal or something wrong in the install. I've nod 32 anti-virus with antispyware install, nothing detected in network. I've reset firewall, and that continue. Same thing on x86 system I test too.

Have an idea?

Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:24 AM

Answers

• Many things in Win 8 may access the network in background.

1, System sync feature; 2, Your OS domain or group may use the network; 3, Windows Update ; etc.

I think you could view your system by other network monitor tool, to know who and when the OS access the network.

And do you end all Metro Apps, and you could view the network usage from the new Task Manager:

Sincerely,

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:30 AM
  • Oh, I have one way to check the programs which use the network resource, click the "Launch Resource Monitor", then you could view the Network resource details:

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, September 23, 2011 2:14 AM

All replies

• Many things in Win 8 may access the network in background.

1, System sync feature; 2, Your OS domain or group may use the network; 3, Windows Update ; etc.

I think you could view your system by other network monitor tool, to know who and when the OS access the network.

And do you end all Metro Apps, and you could view the network usage from the new Task Manager:

Sincerely,

Bob Bao [MSFT]

Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:30 AM
  • I've check the system sync and nothing anormal there, I've check the network usage by the task manager/preformance/ethernet.

There the send and reveive kbps sometime receive 150mbps, and download and receive 1giga per day, but in windows 7 app. 300mb/day, there a big difference yet. That's the thing I search, because I've 90 giga per mouth allow by my IFA (videotron in this case) and the result are 30 giga of download and upload mountly, with something I can't see where it's go or what it's that download.

Thank

Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:02 PM
  • Oh, I have one way to check the programs which use the network resource, click the "Launch Resource Monitor", then you could view the Network resource details:

Bob Bao [MSFT]

Friday, September 23, 2011 2:14 AM